- Every child fulfills his potential?
- Every child is set on the right path today?
- Every child in Canada finishes high school, goes to college or university, gets a job and gives back to their community?
Wouldn't that be something?
Big Brothers Mentoring
The Big Brothers Mentoring program provides boys and young men with a role model and a friend to talk to and share the experiences of growing up with. Through regular outings, a relationship is developed between the mentor and the mentee, that is built on trust and common interests, and is supported by our experienced case-workers. The result is a life-changing experience for both the mentor and the mentee.
The Big Brothers Mentoring program usually requires one regularly scheduled outing a week, for a few hours, and a minimum 1 year committment.
The program strives to do the following:
- provide a role model and a friend for boys and young men.
- promote the importance of staying in school and healthy relationships with family and peers.
- instill trust and self-confidence in order to make healthy decisions.
- encourage leadership skills and independent thinking.
- and above all, make a difference while having fun.
If you would like to learn more about becoming a mentor or donating to the Big Brothers Mentoring program we welcome your questions. You can apply now
or contact us
Still not sure mentoring is right for you? Try our Online Orientation